Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quite Nice

Yesterday I got a really wonderful call from my friend Gil that I knew was coming for a long while...he got a job offer for a place that he is actually excited to work for and I am so happy for him!! This means so much to me as I look into changing the direction of my own career goals, and knowing that Gil has been working so hard and persevering through so much over these last few months, yet never gave up on finding that job is truly such an inspiration! It reaffirms my own feeling that hard work paves the road to success, and that is not just to be measured monetarily..but judged by that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you can say "I did it! and I deserved it too!" I'm excited for a weekend on heavy drinking celebration!

On my way home today there was an ad for SVA with a bunch of quotes by famous artists. It empowered me to come home and write, but of course I was drunk and can't remember what it said! (lame) Nor can I find it online...(double lame!) but...well, all I can say is there is quite a bit of positive feeling and emotion swirling around me these last few days (not least of which the beautiful wedding of my brother to his even hotter wife) and I feel quite nice.

No comments: